Expertise & Experience
News & Events
However, it is important to note that proper ruggedization of COTS components is more than simply re-packaging them in sturdy enclosures. To provide truly reliable systems the unit must isolate the electronics and storage media from the effects of shock and vibration; provide higher compliance power supplies; control the thermal environment; limit harmful EMI/EMC; and protect against fungus, sand/dust, humidity, rain, and salt fog. Since this equipment is specifically intended for demanding applications, the equipment must also incorporate highly reliable components from tested and approved sources and ensure ease of serviceability and maintenance.
Cyberchron Rugged Systems has furnished computer and electronic equipment for rugged applications for over 25 years. We are responsible for many of the innovations now utilized throughout the industry. Our technical expertise allows us to offer the latest COTS technologies by utilizing the following ruggedization techniques:
* Mechanical Chassis modeling and design
* EMI/RFI Shielding, analysis and test
* Shock and Vibration analysis, design and test
* Custom, high reliability and wide compliance power supply design
* Built-in Test and system diagnostic capability
* Thermodynamic analysis of system heating and cooling
* Selection of critical components suitable for ruggedization
* Partnering with reliable and quality-oriented vendors and subcontractors
* Full Electronics Stress Screening (ESS) on ALL products prior to shipment.
Laptops & Portables
Workstations & Servers
Displays & Terminals
NAS & SAN Products
Semi-Custom & Custom
Designed, hosted and maintained by Cyberchron Rugged Systems Corporation.